10 Reasons You Will Love Your Natural Wool Sponge
Wool sponges may seem like a luxury, only to be placed in a bathroom for decoration or staging, but that would be such a waste! Wool sponges are meant to be used and I’ll tell you why:
1. The inner squishy part of the sponge is incredibly absorbent and durable, giving you years and years of lovely suds producing use.
2. Synthetic sponges are treated with triclosan, which is a pesticide that fights bacteria. Cotton sponges are treated with chlorine as well and these chemicals go back into the environment and our drinking water and have been linked to hormone issues as well as cancer.
3. Natural sponges contain natural enzymes and minerals that help prevent the development of bacteria, odor and mold.
4. Natural sponges are hypoallergenic making them a better choice for you, your family and even your pets.
5. Natural sea sponges are a renewable resource. They are harvested in a way that allows them to grow back fuller and larger than before, much like when pruning a plant.
6. Natural wool sponges are biodegradable, making them a better choice for the environment.
7. They are one of the safest choices when considering the delicate skin of newborn babies.
8. Natural sponges contain minerals that are actually good for your skin.
9. Natural sponges are extremely easy to clean. Simply soak your sponge in 1 cup warm water and 1 TBSP baking soda once a week. You can add a little tea tree if you like and always allow sponges to dry completely after use.
10. They actually look a lot prettier than a boring old face cloth.