Oils and butters are so important for not only their emollient qualities, but how healthy they are for us. Each has their own unique bit of awesomeness. I Had a look and decided this was my top ten list... for now anyway! Enjoy!
1. Coconut Oil- This oil has SO many benefits it is difficult to address them all here.. Solid.. Sweet smelling organic coconut oil has a 2 year shelf life.. Seriously amazing AND we don't even carry it! Just purchase organic at any grocery store.. any developments here and we'll let you know.. Great SPF factor of about 4.
2. Almond Oil- Sweet, sweet almond oil.. what can I say except that I <3 you! You are so sweet and light with mega fatty acids and you blend so well in almost every preparation.
3. Hemp Seed Oil- Some use hemp oil to increase immune system strength, counteract aging, skin, and diseases such as cardiovascular disease. The essential fatty acids help correct oxygenation and skin hydration. Several studies indicate that the linoleic acid present in hemp oil can slow down the aging process of skin and fight psoriasis, a skin disease associated with dietary deficiency of fatty acids.Can I say anymore?
4. Hazelnut Oil- This lovely oil is non-greasy and HIGH in Vitamins E & B and is slow to go rancid. It is high in anti-oxidants! It carries a slight, sweet scent making it the perfect oil for certain preparations.
5. Raspberry Seed Oil- I don't know what else to say except SPF of immense proportions! This oil is mild and light and OMG! Definitely has its niche in preparations requiring a high SPF.
6. Rosehip Oil- As seen on Dr Oz... BUT we already knew that, didn't we? We didn't need him to tell us about its regenerative qualities for aging, dried, scarred skin. Honestly, 1 drop is all that you need to see a difference.
7. Argan Oil- I can't even begin to say enough about this liquid gold for hair... it iis to hair what Rosehip is to skin. I refuse to use conditioner without adding a drop so that my frizzy (menopausal and coloured) locks stay healthy and manageable.
8. Shea Butter- Okay, so butters are solid at room temppereature.. technically not an oil unless heated BUT these pack a wholop especially when it comes to formulations:Moisturizing, emollient and anti-inflammatory. Wow!
9. Cocoa Butter-Ummmm.. this is from the cocoa bean (like chocolate)! Antioxidant... emollient.. great for stretch marks and wonderful mixed in preparations.
10. Mango Butter-Mango Butter is said to be rich in antioxidants and can be used to soften, smooth and moisturize rough dry skin. It has natural emollient properties, and is reputed to be useful for treating burns, stretch marks, scar reduction, wound healing and skin regeneration – smoothing of wrinkles. It is also reputed to have protective effect against UV radiation and can be used to treat sunburns. Mango Butter is ideal in formulations for lotions, body butters, balms, soaps, shaving creams, hair care products and lip balms.