I have heard the scent of patchouli essential oil described as warm, with earthy aroma and fresh fruit - like tones. The best description I found came from Urban Dictionary “Hippie Perfume…. smells like forest, pot and snuggling” This literally put a big smile on my face.
I have personally worn patchouli as a perfume for as long as I can remember. I loved its sexy muskiness and when someone is wearing patchouli, you know it’s patchouli. Although it smells a little different on everyone, patchouli is unmistakingly patchouli.
Here are my Top Ten reason for loving patchouli:
1. It has been used for healing skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, and psorariasis.
2. It has anti-septic properties for wound healing
3. Patchouli oil is used widely in anti-aging properties and for the reduction of scars
4. It has anti-depressant properties and helps relieve stress and anxiety.
5. It’s a natural insect repellant. Used in sprays, vaporizers & other mosquito repellants.
6. It has a unique fragrance that is considered an aphrodisiac
7. It helps prevent scarring from acne.
8. Often used to treat cuts, burns and bruises.
9. Bolsters the immune system and helps fight infections.
10. The scent lingers ever so faintly, acting much like an expensive, but natural perfume
We love our patchouli so much so, that we carry it in our soaps and washes, hand cream, body lotion, body polish, and body butter. We add a hint of lavender to round out the scent to give it a touch of floral, and I believe we have created a beautiful thing.