I have always loved the beautiful, natural honey scent of these candles. Even if I wasn’t buying one, if I was in a store, I couldn’t help myself from stopping and having a good long sniff. It would leave me with a feeling of contentment. The best thing about beeswax, other than the scent? It cleans the air!
So, exactly how does beeswax clean the air, you ask? Well, it’s pretty much the same way that Himalayan Salt Lamps do! When you light a beeswax candle, it releases negative ions. This effectively negates the positively charged ions of all those nasty pollutants such as pollen, dust, dirt and all the other gross stuff floating around in the air. Burning these candles then cleans the air!
Burning beeswax candles then is helpful for reducing indoor pollutants that can cause allergies, hay fever and asthma to name a few. Beeswax candles do not contain any harsh chemicals! That’s a huge healthy bonus.
Yes, beeswax candles cost more than paraffin candles but beeswax is made naturally by bees. The wax is then harvested then strained many times until it is as pure as possible. Paraffin candles on the other hand, are made from petroleum. When they are burned, they literally give off the same fumes as if you were breathing oil sludge or gasoline. This not only affects your air quality, but it can affect your lungs and create further health issues. Sometimes, you just have to ask yourself why something is so inexpensive and then make an informed decision. It really comes down to what price you put on your health and the health of your family and the choices you need to make to insure everyone’s safety.